Date 1: Tuesday, May 29 (Sold out)
Date 2: Tuesday, June 26 (Sold out)
Date 3: Tuesday, July 10 (Sold out)
Date 4: Tuesday, July 24 (Sold out)
Date 5: Tuesday, August 7 (Sold out)
Time: 7 PM-11 PM
Presented by Morbid Anatomy
***Email morbidanatomy [at] gmail.com to be added to wait list; all classes now sold out
This class is part of the Morbid Anatomy Art Academy
Anthropomorphic taxidermy–the practice of mounting and displaying taxidermied animals as if they were humans or engaged in human activities–was a popular art form during the Victorian and Edwardian eras. The best known practitioner of the art form is British taxidermist Walter Potter who displayed his pieces–which included such elaborate tableaux as The Death of Cock Robin, The Kitten Wedding, and The Kitten Tea Party–in his own museum of curiosities.
On Tuesday November 29th, please join Morbid Anatomy and taxidermist, tattoo artist and educator Susan Jeiven for a beginners class in anthropomorphic taxidermy. All materials–including a mouse for each student–will be provided, and each class member will leave at the end of the day with their own anthropomorphic taxidermied mouse. Students are invited to bring any miniature items with which they might like to dress or decorate their new friend; some props and miniature clothing will also be provided by the teacher. A wide variety of sizes and colors of mice will be available.
No former taxidermy experience is required.
Also, some technical notes:
- We use NO harsh or dangerous chemicals.
- Everyone will be provided with gloves.
- All animals are disease free.
- Although there will not be a lot of blood or gore, a strong constitution is necessary; taxidermy is not for everyone.
- All animals were already dead, nothing was killed for this class. All mice used are feeder animals for snakes and lizards and would literally be discarded if not sold.
- Please do not bring any dead animals with you to the class
You can contact Sue with any more questions by clicking here.